Vanilla Ice Cream
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg yolks
- In a medium saucepan bring the sugar, heavy whipping cream and milk to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the vanilla bean paste and salt, whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Temper the eggs by spooning 1/4 cup of the hot cream into the yolks while whisking vigorously. Repeat this step 2-3 more times. Pour the remaining cream mixture into the yolks. Stir to combine and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- To the stand mixer, attached the frozen ice cream bowl and churning paddle. Start the mixer on low. Slowly and carefully pour the chilled ice cream base into the mixer as it spins. Churn the ice cream for 25-30 minutes. Scoop the soft-serve into a plastic wrap-lined bread tin. Either serve immediately for soft-serve or cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in the freezer for 2-4 hours for a firmer ice cream.
** This recipe was created using the Kitchenaid Ice Cream Attachment. Remember to freeze the ice cream bowl for 15-24 hours before churning.