Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- 5 lbs apples** (Honeycrisp + Granny Smith are my go-to), peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a 6 quart crockpot.
- Set on low for 8-10 hours.
- Blend the cooked apples with an immersion blender right in the crockpot or move to a blender to blend until smooth.
**Different apples have different levels of water content. If the apples have excess liquid after low slow cooking, remove the lid and cook on high for 30-40 minutes.