Peppercorn Roast Chicken
(Recipe from the @ninjakitchen Foodi cookbook)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 5 springs fresh thyme
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed
- 1 whole Butcher Box chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp flakey salt
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, hot water, honey, 2 tbsp salt, whole peppercorns, thyme and garlic. Pour contents into the pot.
- Place chicken in the crisp basket and place basket into the pot. Secure the pressure cook lid, valve set to SEAL. Select PRESSURE and set to HI for 22 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow natural release for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, move valve to VENT. Once all the pressure is released, remove the lid.
- Brush chicken with olive oil and season with remaining pepper and salt. Close the crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 400 for 8 minutes. Cook until internal temp reaches 165. You may need to increase your time in Air Crisp depending on the size of your bird. When chicken is complete, lift lid and let chicken rest 10 minutes before slicing.