- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour*
- Preheat the oven to 315°F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the room temperate butter with the brown sugar and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar using a hand mixer for 30 seconds. Add the molasses and egg yolk and heavy cream until well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk the ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup of granulate sugar into a shallow dish. Using a tablespoon scoop, roll the cookie dough into a smooth ball. Toss each ball of cookie dough into into the granulate sugar and place on the lined baking sheet with plenty of space between as the cookies will spread when they bake.
- Bake the cookies in batches for 20-22 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet to set for 2-3 minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling for the perfect snap.
*Also tested with King Arthur Flour GF All-Purpose with great results.